What is In Shape Mummy and how does it work?
In Shape Mummy is an online weight loss program designed for busy mums. Each week members receive:
- Meal plans with delicious and time-saving recipes developed by our expert nutritionists to boost your energy and minimise your time in the kitchen. You are given a range of menu options to choose from to suit all tastes. We calculate your body's own unique calorie burning formula and provide you with personalised meal plans. We do not believe in a one size fits all approach as every mum is unique.
- Printable shopping lists. The whole week’s meals are planned and the shopping list is done for you to make your life easier.
- Access to our fun Stepping Challenges which have been designed to motivate mums to move more. Walking is the easiest and safest form of exercise for mums of all fitness levels.
- Motivation. As well as food and exercise, your mindset is the most important ingredient to create lasting change so every week we’ll help you create a mindset for success. And we'll help you stay on track.
- Health and weight loss tips from our expert dietitian.
- Track your Success. Every week you can enter your weight and measurements into our Success Tracker tool and we’ll plot your progress on a chart. This will remind you how well you’re doing - even when you're having an ‘off week’ which is great for motivation. Every month we’ll set you a weight goal until you reach your ideal weight.
How is In Shape Mummy different to other programs?
In Shape Mummy is unlike short-term challenges where people lose only a small amount of weight or the extreme supermodel starvation diets where people typically put the weight back on afterwards. In Shape Mummy is a bit like a gym membership in that you stay a member until you reach your ideal weight in a healthy way. Many members stay with our program even after they achieve their weight goals for weight maintenance as the weekly recipes are so delicious. Our program provides the structure many of us need to keep the weight off.
The program is based on a series of monthly goals as celebrating short-term goals is a smart way to attain big results.
In Shape Mummy educates, supports and helps you to achieve your weight loss goals. Our program helps you develop healthy living habits that will allow you to keep the weight off permanently. We believe the key to your successful permanent weight loss is making healthy lifestyle changes and sticking to them. That's why the program is easy to follow and maintain, with minimum planning and cooking. If you want to improve your well-being but struggle with the demands of motherhood, our program is perfect for you.
In Shape Mummy offers weekly, monthly or quarterly memberships. There is no contract and you can cancel anytime as we believe in the quality of our service.
How are the plans personalised?
In Shape Mummy carefully works out the optimum number of calories per day for you to shed fat without going hungry. We take into account your height, weight, age and whether you are breastfeeding. Everyone is different and this is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach. We do not believe in giving the same meal plan to a 70kg and a 130kg woman. Busy mums don’t have time to count calories so we’ve done it all for you. As you lose weight your requirements will change, so we adjust your meal plans accordingly.
Our walking challenges offer beginner, intermediate and advanced options to cater to all fitness levels
Will I be hungry?
It won’t feel like a diet with 3 main meals a day plus snacks and portion sizes tailored to your individual requirements so you will not go hungry or feel the need to binge! Snacking is not only allowed - it's encouraged! Snacking helps to fire up your metabolism and keeps your body burning fat all day.
In Shape Mummy carefully works out the optimum number of calories per day for you to shed fat without going hungry and personalises your meal plan. We do not believe in giving the same meal plan to a 70kg and a 130kg woman – the later would go hungry. This is not a one size fits all approach.
As a new mum, when can I start a weight reduction diet?
Always get clearance from your doctor or health care professional before starting any weight loss or exercise program.
How much weight can I expect to lose on the program?
The aim is for healthy, responsible weight loss of:
- 4 kg over a month (approx. 1kg per week)
- 2 kg per month if breastfeeding (approx. 0.5kg per week)
Is it safe to loose weight while I am breastfeeding?
A balanced and healthy diet is critical for all new mums, to help maintain energy and stamina, in addition to helping you lose weight. Adequate calories and nutrient balance is particularly important for those mums who are breastfeeding, since your baby is depending on you to provide 100% of his or her nutrition. For breastfeeding mums, it is generally recommended that women consume 500 calories per day more than mums who are not breastfeeding, but this may vary by activity level and for each individual. Trying to cut your calories too low can effect milk supply and may slow your metabolism, preventing weight loss. The key to losing weight is to consume slightly fewer calories than would be required to maintain your weight and to increase your level of activity. This is a very safe approach to fat loss that has a much greater likelihood of achieving long term success.
In Shape Mummy’s expert nutritionists have designed the meal plans to ensure that you get the right balance of essential nutrients every day to make you feel more energised and invigorated. In Shape Mummy carefully works out the optimum number of calories per day for you, taking into account your height, weight, age and whether you are breastfeeding.
When can I start?
You can join anytime.
How do I cancel my membership?
Members can check or cancel their subscription by accessing the My Account page on the In Shape Mummy website.
If you have a question please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds and returns policy
You are able to cancel your membership at any time but no refund on payment will be given and your access to the online service will run until your existing paid term expires.
In Shape Mummy Health Shakes
What are In Shape Mummy Meal Replacement Shakes?
An In Shape Mummy Meal Replacement Shake is available for sale as an additional option that has been specifically designed for busy mums when they don’t have time or are too tired to cook. It has been made with natural ingredients and includes your key vitamins, minerals and protein.
In Shape Mummy Health Shakes are a quick and easy solution to help you get in shape, when combined with healthy meals and exercise. Specifically designed for busy mums, our shakes provide a good source of vitamins and minerals to support your body when you don’t have the time to cook. Our vegan friendly shakes contain a delicious organic plant based protein that is easily digested, plus variety of specialty superfoods, 25 vitamins and minerals. The shakes are an additional option sold seperately, that can be incorporated as part of this program if desired.
You may replace up to two meals or snacks a day if desired.
Can I use the shakes if I am breastfeeding?
Yes, the shakes are breastfeeding friendly.
What are the directions for use?
Mix two heaped tablespoons (25 grams) in a glass (250mls) of your favorite milk or add it to a smoothie.
We have many delicious smoothie recipes on our website.
How many serves per container?
There are 20 serves per container.
What do the shakes taste like?
The shake tastes like a creamy vanilla dessert.
When will my order arrive?
We deliver our products using Australia Post. Shipping costs are a flat rate of $9.95 and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are dispatched the next working day after you place your order. Delivery times are estimated between 2 and 7 working days, depending on your location in Australia. However if goods are unavailable you will be notified that delivery will take a little longer.
In Shape Mummy ships products Australia wide, however at this time we do not accept international orders through our website. Please contact us at email@example.com to enquire about a special order.
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds and returns
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your In Shape Mummy Health Shake purchase we will give you a 30 day money-back guarantee from the time you receive the goods. Please email us at email@example.com within that time if you are not satisfied with your purchase so that we can resolve any problems and post the used and empty packaging to In Shape Mummy at PO Box 1259 Paradise Point, Queensland 4212.
This refund policy does not apply to goods which have been damaged after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product or if they have been dropped or broken. All postage and insurance costs are to be paid by the buyer. We recommend that you return the product via Registered post and that you prepay all postage. You assume any risk of lost, theft or damaged goods during transit; therefore advise you take out shipment registration of insurance with your postal carrier. In Shape Mummy will not be responsible or parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure.
What if I can't get outside for a walk?
Once you get into step counting, you’ll find yourself looking for opportunities to walk more. It can become a fun game and people are often surprised at how addictive it is! Soon making choices to be more active will become second nature. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Walk up and down stairs
- Vacuum cleaning
- Step while you clean the windows
- See how many steps you can do around the lounge room each TV ad
- Place laundry basket 10 meters away and hang out washing one piece at a time
- Place clean laundry basket in lounge room and put away clothes one at a time
- Call someone and talk while you step
- Step while brushing teeth
- Set an alarm to go off every hour. Step for 5 minutes
- Dance to kids or your favorite music
- Walk around your local shopping centre
- Hire a treadmill and watch TV or listen to music
- Pace whenever you’re standing around, e.g. while waiting for dinner to cook, while on the phone or brushing your teeth
- Clean the house
- Shop at the supermarket and do extra laps around the aisles
- Take the bins out
- Play actively with your child
- Pace every hour on the hour for 5 minutes
It is easier to make these choices when you have a motivational tool such as a pedometer or activity tracker reminding you how many or how little steps you have done for the day.
How many steps a day?
Medical authorities around the world recommend individuals take 10,000 steps a day to become or stay healthy.
But the 10,000 step recommendation depends on your current health and fitness levels. If this is your first time returning to exercise since the birth of your baby and you have not exercised much in the past, you might find 5,000 steps more realistic to start with. Regardless of your situation and condition, it’s best to start small. If you are currently stepping, say, 4,000 steps a day and you gradually increase your steps and lower your intake of calories – you will lose weight. A good plan is to increase your steps by 500 or 1,000 steps each day until you reach the goal of 10,000 steps per day. Reaching these “bite-size” goals will allow you to go to bed every night knowing you’ll wake up the next morning one step closer to your dream weight.
The '10,000 steps' goal puts a focus on the accumulation of activity across the whole day, not just blocks of exercise. You will naturally accumulate steps through your day to day activities. To reach the 10,000-step goal, you probably need to do a 30 minute walk as well. If it’s too hard to carve out a 30 minute block of time for exercise, fitting in three ten-minute walks is just as effective. Intensity is key - so walk as fast as you can, within your limit.
Pedometers and activity trackers are an excellent way to measure how many steps you actually take in a day and to remind you how many or little steps you have done for the day. See the ‘Why use a pedometer or activity tracker’ section below.
It is important to get clearance from your doctor or health care provider before starting any exercise routine. Most health care providers recommend to wait until your 6 week postnatal check up before starting any exercise.
Why use a pedometer or activity tracker?
Pedometers are amazing motivators! It’s very motivating to watch your steps add up throughout the day and they encourage you to move more.
- Pedometers are an excellent way to measure how many steps you actually take in a day and to remind you of how many or how few steps you have done for the day. Many of us don't realise how little we move, until we measure it.
- Being active stays top of mind rather than an afterthought.
- Pedometers can turn moving more and doing chores into a fun game to see how many steps you can sneak in doing different things throughout the day. Defeat your opponent (excess weight)! Our virtual walking challenges add to the fun.
- You’ll get immediate gratification. You can be happy that every step is one step closer to losing weight.
- They let you be more flexible with your exercise and show that you don’t have to do it all in the one block.
- They are inexpensive.
- To purchase a pedometer for only $24.95 visit our shop page
What are the benefits of walking?
Walking is one of the easiest ways to lose baby weight. It’s a gentle exercise that’s natural and safe - perfect for mums of all fitness levels. Along with burning calories and increasing your metabolism, walking releases endorphins which are the feel good hormones our body makes during exercise. These hormones give us feelings of well-being and also relieve stress and can help avoid any postpartum blues.
Other benefits of walking:
- Simple – anyone can put one foot in front of the other. You don’t need trendy classes, expensive gyms or complicated workouts. You need a simple routine you can build on week by week to make you stronger and fitter at a pace you can manage.
- Bonding - walking is an exercise you can do with your baby. Most babies enjoy a ride in the pram or carrier, so if you have trouble settling your baby, taking a walk can not only make your baby happier, but is also likely to make you feel better. Your baby’s brain will be stimulated in the process by all the variety of sights and sounds during your daily walk. Walking can also help to increase the bond between you and your baby.
- Connecting - not only will you feel better physically, you might also combat those feelings of isolation that are common in the early days at home alone with a little baby.
- Flexible – if it’s too hard to carve out a 30 minute block for exercise, fitting in three ten-minute walks is just as effective. The key is to burn as many calories as you can in each short period of time by increasing the intensity - try walking faster and moving your arms.
- Social - walking can be a fun social event. Rather than catching up for a coffee with a friend, plan to go for a walk instead and you will both feel better. Walking with a friend also helps keep you accountable as you're less likely to let your friend down by not showing up. You may not even notice you're exercising when deep in conversation!
- Healing - helps with your cardiovascular fitness and recovery of the muscles that were stretched during pregnancy. Although if you've had significant DRAM (diastasis recti of the abdominal muscles or, more simply, a separation) it is important that you have a check of this with a physiotherapist or health care professional before you start a vigorous walking program with a pram.
- Preventative - dramatically reduces your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, depression, osteoporosis, diabetes, high cholesterol and helps to clear artery-clogging plaque.
How much exercise will I be doing on the program?
Our walking challenges have beginner, medium and experienced options to cater for all fitness levels. Beginner level is based on 5,000 steps per day. Medium level is based on 7,500 steps per day. Experienced level is based on 10,000 steps per day.
Remember your daily step goal puts a focus on the accumulation of activity across the whole day, not just blocks of exercise.
See 'How many steps a day' above.
When is it safe to exercise after the birth of my baby?
The early postnatal period is about rest, recovery and bonding with your new baby. This is the time to start your pelvic floor exercises. It is recommended that you wait until your six-week postnatal check before doing any exercise at an increased intensity level. Low-impact exercise such as walking is a good place to start easing into exercise. After your six week period, you should aim to increase your distance and speed gradually. Please watch out for any signs of a pelvic organ prolapse, which sometimes manifests as vaginal heaviness and worsens the longer you are on your feet. If you have any of these symptoms we recommend you visit a women's health physiotherapist or doctor as soon as possible.
It is important to check with your physiotherapist, doctor, midwife or continence professional before returning to exercise.
For more information go to pelvicfloorfirst.org.au