This quick and delicious Chinese beef stir-fry fuses some of the tastiest flavours Chinese cuisine has to offer. And it still gives you a wide variety of nutrients! Cabbage is the king of the anti-cancer cruciferous family and is very nutrient dense. High in vitamin C, B vitamins and magnesium, it's also so high in glutamine that because it worked against peptic ulcers so well, they almost named it vitamin U. Glutamine is very healing to the gut lining by helping the cells that line the gut regenerate.
This is one of the recipes from our FREE 12-Week Health & Weight Loss Program.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 miuntes
- 300 grams beef
- 2 cup (1cm pieces) green beans
- 4 & 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 & 1/2 yellow pepper (medium)
- 5 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 slices ginger
- 2 garlic clove (medium)
- 3 tsp honey
- Blend the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, peeled ginger, peeled garlic and honey together in a blender, or small food processor.
- Slice the beef into very thin strips and place into the sauce to marinate a few minutes.
- Chop the green beans into thirds, shred the cabbage and slice the whole pepper so you have thin circle slices.
- Heat up a wok or large pan and when hot add a small amount of sesame oil. Once hot take the beef slices out of the sauce and add them to your wok with the beans.
- Once the beef is half cooked, add the the other veggies and the sauce, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and serve with sesame seeds on top.