7 Tips on How To Defeat Cravings
Don't let a sweet tooth or carb craving sabotage your healthy eating and weight loss efforts.
Here are 7 practical tips to help you manage the craving gremlins and reach your weight loss goals.
Remember, we all get cravings - it's how we manage them that determines our outcome. You can do this! 💪
1. If you know you have a weakness that you tend to give in to, create a plan for what to do any time that you’re tempted. Establish your plan of attack beforehand, so you are prepared and don’t have to rely on willpower alone. Don’t be caught unprepared when temptation strikes. Willpower is a fickle friend who often abandons us when we need her most.
2. Get some healthy substitutes and keep them on stand by in your cupboard or fridge.
Craving sugar? Have a piece of fruit and Greek yoghurt with a little honey. Or a smoothie. Or try our delicious guilt-free Salted Caramel Fudge Protein Bites.
Thinking about chocolate? Enjoy a Chocolate Brownie flavour In Shape Mummy Health Shake instead a fattening chocolate bar. Or use the mix to make a slimming hot chocolate or make your own chocolate lactation balls (here's a recipe)
Can’t get fast food off your mind – Make some home-made potato wedges in the oven with a little salt
3. Healthy substitutes are always best, but if worse comes to worse you can always still eat the "naughty" food you crave, but just eat a smaller amount. For example, don't eat the whole bag of chips. Only have one square of chocolate. If you find portion control hard, keep things like chocolate and cake in the freezer in small portions and only take out one portion at a time so you're not tempted to eat more.
4. Remove temptation. Throw all the chocolate in the house into the bin or give it to a friend. If it is not there then you can't eat it! And it is better in the bin than on your hips! Think of it as an investment in your health. Keep healthy substitutes on standby. Replace the routine of a bad habit with the routine of a good habit. Never go shopping hungry so you're not tempted to buy junk
5. Tell yourself "later". As you face each craving or challenge, don’t think about giving it up forever, just think about saying “no” right now and do something positive in its place, e.g. go for a short walk or call a friend. You can create good habits just as you created bad ones. Before you know it, healthy living will become your new habit.
6. Be sure to pack a healthy lunch box if you’re heading out. Or have a snack before you leave so you don't get too hungry and make unhealthy choices. Be armed and prepared!
7. To reduce cravings in the first place, eat a wall balanced diet so your nutrient needs are met. If your body is not getting enough nutrients it will signal for you to eat more food so that your nutrient needs are met. If you find it hard to cook healthy food all the time, the In Shape Mummy Health Shake can come to to the rescue. It contains the nutrients of a balanced meal including high quality protein, 25 vitamins and minerals and more.
Remember, if you do give in to a craving once and a while, it is not the end of the world. It's more important to look at the grand scheme of things. It's what you do for 90% of the time that will bring you results.
Fast Track Your Results with the In Shape Mummy Health Shake
Many Busy Mums don't have time to cook health food and exercise ALL the time.
Great news! Now you can Fast Track Getting In Shape with our Quick, Easy and Delicious Superfood Meal Replacement, the In Shape Mummy Health Shake for Breastfeeding Mums.
Support your Milk Supply and Boost Your Health while you Lose Weight with our Premium blend of Organic Pea & Brown Rice Protein, 25 Vitamins & Minerals, Probiotics plus Organic Superfoods.
Enhanced with natural and organic herbs that have been used for centuries to Support Breastfeeding. Plus, Probiotics to help strengthen your babies immune system.
100% Breastfeeding & Vegan Friendly. Contains NO Artificial Nasties, NO Soy, NO Dairy, NO Gluten & NO Caffeine. Made in Australia.
Enjoy as the Quickest and Easiest Healthy Meal!
FREE 12-Week Healthy Weight Loss Support Program worth $168 with first shake purchase.
"I'm loving it so far.. I'm already down from in weight and I feel great :) Not exaggerating when I say this is the best purchase I ever made .. can't wait to get to my first mini goal of 65kgs then set my new goal of 60kgs :) .. so far it's been life changing, thank you so much!! It has literally boosted my milk supply. I used to pump 160mls and now I average 240mls .. I've never been able to get that."
- Tania, Vic
"I've lost 35 kgs thanks to the In Shape Mummy Health Shakes. 110 kgs to 75 kgs! Juggling two little boys under 2 years old doesn't leave much time for healthy choices for Mummy and the In Shape Mummy Health Shake is such an easy solution to get all the goodness I need to keep going! My older son is 20 months and I didn't get the chance to lose the weight gained whilst carrying him before I was pregnant again with baby #2. I easily gained 40kgs across the two pregnancies and no thanks to terrible pelvic pain in pregnancy #2 wasn't able to keep active. Now that my second son is here and the pelvic pain has gone I have stuck to replacing breakfast with my shake and walking every morning for the duration of the morning sleep. Some days I will do a second shorter walk during his nap. I'm still able to enjoy yummy healthy foods and definitely do not feel like I'm going without. I no longer crave sugary foods as the shake sets me up for the day with its magical satisfying ingredients! The shake has become even more of a must since returning to work! If I thought I was busy before, life just got a whole lot busier! Now that I've lost the weight, I have more energy, zero aches and pains and have a better mood. I tell all my friends about In Shape Mummy because easy weight loss doesn't need to be a secret! Xx"
- Carly, Vic
"I discovered In Shape Mummy Health Shakes not long after my second baby was born. He has an intolerance to dairy so I was looking to find something that was safe for breastfeeding, and also vegan friendly. I have recently started a detox program with the help of a naturopath. She was so impressed with the ingredients that she has encouraged me to continue having it! In Shape Mummy has not only helped me lose the 26 kgs I put on in pregnancy, but it’s helped me nourish my body when I’ve been time poor and sleep deprived. It’s the only shake that I actually enjoy the taste of! My breakfast everyday includes ice, almond milk, water, a banana and my In Shape Mummy (my current fave is the caramel fudge!). At 11 months postpartum I feel great! And my breastfeeding journey is still going strong - my milk is in perfect supply for what Bub needs. I cannot recommend In Shape Mummy Health Shakes more highly!”
- Melanie, Vic
"I have lost over 30kg with In Shape Mummy Health Shakes, exercise and a complete diet change. I started at size 22 and am a loose size 12 at the moment… and nearly a 10! I feel so much better! With my injuries in my spine, pelvis and knee my weight loss has been the best thing for my pain.
7-8 months ago I couldn’t have even imagined I could drop this much weight! The change in my life has been insane! My advice to other mums is “stick with it and don’t give up!” Thanks so very much for your In Shape Mummy Health Shakes. They are the best thing for mums on the go and while breastfeeding as well. Words can not express how grateful I am with my weight loss. I couldn’t of started this without your shakes. My life is forever changed."
- Jess, NT