Mum of 2, Carly, lost 35kgs. Get her tips
Watch this video to find out how she did it...
"I lost 35 kgs. 110 kgs to 75 kgs over 18 months.
Juggling two little boys under 2 years old doesn't leave much time for healthy choices for Mummy and the In Shape Mummy Health Shake is such an easy solution to get all the goodness I need to keep going and breastfeed too! It is delicious, gives me energy and has helped shift the weight after my babies.
My older son is 20 months and I didn't get the chance to lose the weight gained whilst carrying him before I was pregnant again with baby #2. I easily gained 40kgs across the two pregnancies and no thanks to terrible pelvic pain in pregnancy #2 I wasn't able to keep active.
Now that my second son is here and the pelvic pain has gone I have stuck to replacing breakfast with my shake and walking every morning for the duration of the morning sleep. Some days I will do a second shorter walk during his nap.
I'm still able to enjoy yummy healthy foods and definitely do not feel like I'm going without them.
I no longer crave sugary foods as the shake sets me up for the day with its magical satisfying ingredients!
The shake has become even more of a must since returning to work! If I thought I was busy before, life just got a whole lot busier!
I tell all my friends about In Shape Mummy because easy weight loss doesn't need to be a secret!"
Here's what Carly Ate to Lose Weight
- I start my day with an In Shape Mummy Health Shake. I've been doing this every day for over 18 months.
- I have the chocolate brownie and caramel fudge flavours which I absolutely love.
- I mix it with frozen fruit. My freezer is stocked full of frozen fruit. You can buy lots of different easily prepared frozen fruits from the freezer section in the supermarket.
- I also have oats, chia and flaxseeds all really easily available in my cupboard, always stocked so I have lots of different flavours. And then I've always got lots of almond milk to make my smoothies with.
Food for the rest of the day
- The food for the rest of the day is also really important.
- Luckily the shake stops me from craving sugary foods like I used to crave.
- I wouldn't call myself a sweet tooth anymore which is amazing.
- I think there must be something in the shake that stops sugary cravings.
- I try to have a lot of protein. And green leafy veggies.
- And I watch my portion sizes.
- I make sure I'm reaching for foods that are going to give me energy for longer rather than quick boosts of energy that don't last me throughout the day.
- I've got 2 little boys under 2 and I really need to have as much energy as I can.
- Dinners are always a huge amount of salad or cooked greens with about a fist size of meat.
- Lunch options:
- Tuna salad
- Sandwiches (curried egg or ham and salad are my go-to's)
- Salad wraps
- In Shape Mummy Health Shake (If I am going out for dinner or a celebration I have 2 shakes a day to reduce my overall calorie intake for the day).
- Snack options:
- Boiled eggs (I always have a basket in the fridge ready to go)
- Dried fruit
- Corn thins & peanut butter
- Carrot, cucumber & hummus
- Greek yoghurt & oats with honey
- Popcorn and kiwi fruit
- Peanut butter on apple with a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Cucumber and ricotta
- Vita weat and hummus
- High protein yogurt and flaxseed meal
- Vita weat and tuna in spring water
- Salted Caramel Protein Bites Snacks from In Shape Mummy
- I don't drink milky drinks like coffee or hot chocolate either which I think makes a huge difference in having more space for better snacks!
- I always make sure I fit in some exercise each day. Even if it's just a 30 minute round trip to the supermarket to grab some milk for my toddler. Or a walk to day care or to the doctor. Wherever we need to go I try and make it a walk rather than a drive.
- The only exercise I did while losing the first 20 kgs was walking.
- I wasn't doing anything else other than walking. I wasn't feeling ready to do anything else.
- After I lost the first 20 kgs, I felt stronger and my body was feeling better and I was able to fit in other types of exercise
- Later on 10 kgs I jumped on a spin bike (I bought one for home) as well as some bodyweight workouts I found online. This was all easy to do in front of my TV. Then was I was feeling stronger I started going to the gym.
- My biggest piece of advice is to wait for no one.
- Don't wait for your partner to be on the journey with you or to have a friend to exercise with.
- It's your individual focus and purpose that will get you there.
- You really can't rely on anyone else to make it happen.
- It's a non-negotiable for me to stay active and be a healthy weight.
- I have to consider my own health to be able to provide my kids the best future with me in it, free of aches and ailments!
Fast Track Your Results with the In Shape Mummy Health Shake
Many Busy Mums don't have time to cook health food and exercise ALL the time.
Great news! Now you can Fast Track Getting In Shape with our Quick, Easy and Delicious Superfood Meal Replacement, the In Shape Mummy Health Shake for Breastfeeding Mums.
Look and Feel Your Best with our Premium blend of Organic Pea & Brown Rice Protein, 25 Vitamins & Minerals, Probiotics plus Organic Superfoods.
100% Breastfeeding & Vegan Friendly. Contains NO Artificial Nasties, NO Soy, NO Dairy, NO Gluten & NO Caffeine. Made in Australia.
Enjoy as the Quickest and Easiest Healthy Meal!
FREE 12-Week Healthy Weight Loss Support Program worth $168 with first shake purchase.
"I'm loving it so far.. I'm already down from in weight and I feel great :) Not exaggerating when I say this is the best purchase I ever made .. can't wait to get to my first mini goal of 65kgs then set my new goal of 60kgs :) .. so far it's been life changing, thank you so much!! It has literally boosted my milk supply. I used to pump 160mls and now I average 240mls .. I've never been able to get that."
- Tania, Vic
"I discovered In Shape Mummy Health Shakes not long after my second baby was born. He has an intolerance to dairy so I was looking to find something that was safe for breastfeeding, and also vegan friendly. I have recently started a detox program with the help of a naturopath. She was so impressed with the ingredients that she has encouraged me to continue having it! In Shape Mummy has not only helped me lose the 26 kgs I put on in pregnancy, but it’s helped me nourish my body when I’ve been time poor and sleep deprived. It’s the only shake that I actually enjoy the taste of! My breakfast everyday includes ice, almond milk, water, a banana and my In Shape Mummy (my current fave is the caramel fudge!). At 11 months postpartum I feel great! And my breastfeeding journey is still going strong - my milk is in perfect supply for what Bub needs. I cannot recommend In Shape Mummy Health Shakes more highly!”
- Melanie, Vic
"I have lost over 30kg with In Shape Mummy Health Shakes, exercise and a complete diet change. I started at size 22 and am a loose size 12 at the moment… and nearly a 10! I feel so much better! With my injuries in my spine, pelvis and knee my weight loss has been the best thing for my pain.
7-8 months ago I couldn’t have even imagined I could drop this much weight! The change in my life has been insane! My advice to other mums is “stick with it and don’t give up!” Thanks so very much for your In Shape Mummy Health Shakes. They are the best thing for mums on the go and while breastfeeding as well. Words can not express how grateful I am with my weight loss. I couldn’t of started this without your shakes. My life is forever changed."
- Jess, NT